Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bridal Bouquets that Never Wilt

Brides that like to have a forever keepsake from their wedding find a bouquet made from silk flowers, seagrasses and shells to be just the thing.  A fresh idea that never wilts or goes out of style.  

I design for weddings held on the beach in the Tampa/St Petersburg/Sarasota area of Florida. 
The temperature along the coast can be hot and humid during the summer months of May through the end of September.  When planning an outdoor ceremony it is wise to avoid a bouquet that wilts and droops.  

 This is the the bouquet I carried at my outdoor wedding in 1977.  Yes, it is 33 years old.  It has not been preserved in any way.  I had it made in Germany and brought it on the plane with me, along with a basket filled with similar dried flowers for my maid of honor to carry.   And yes, that is a photo of me with my husband and son, Chance. 

The syles and shapes for a bridal bouquet are endless.  Make it a keepsake!

No comments: